Using WordPress gives the client the ability to manage and update content (text, images, events, etc.) on the site through the back-end without having to contact a webmaster to update the site for them.
Benefits of using WordPress as a CMS
- Clean, intuitive development
- Mobile app to make changes on the go
- Low learning curve
- Actively-developed open source code
- Large, active development community
- Robust plug-in support
- User-friendly administration
- Minimal technical set up
- No templating language
- WYSIWYG editor
While there are other CMS platforms available, WordPress is recommended due to its user-friendly interface and dashboard. Managing and updating a website using WordPress is very similar to editing a document in Microsoft Word. Many of the editor options work exactly the same, so the learning curve is quite low.