The Importance of Good Web Design For Small Businesses
If you are a small business that has yet to take full advantage of what the internet has to offer then this is your wake up call.
For many business owners, a quality online presence is an afterthought. Recently, I was shocked to see how many businesses had outdated, unprofessional websites and little to no social media establishment. Instead of cleaning up their web presence, businesses invest a staggering amount of capital in short term radio, TV or print ads. These tactics may reach an audience but how many of those expensive ads go unnoticed? With an investment in a quality website, social media presence, or online marketing campaign you have the ability to reach today’s customers long term. Most importantly, the results are 100% quantifiable. Imagine expanding the reach of your business and eliminating the uncertainty and thoughts of “I hope someone saw that”.
Web Site Design
The basic foundation for modernizing your business begins with a website. As more and more consumers look to the internet for goods and services, being found on the web is a necessity. An elaborate website isn’t absolutely necessary but every business looking to succeed in the market today should have something professional and helpful in place. Your website is where customers can go to find out basic information about you and what you do. First impressions are crucial. You want the site to represent your company and the great work you do. There is tremendous value in a website that connects the customer to you. They are looking for information on your business so making that information easy for them to find will go a long way.
A good web design for your business will give you one of the best returns on investment. Not only is it cheaper than print media (not to mention radio and TV), but it continues to work in your favor long after the initial investment is made. It also will give you a free avenue for future promotions and advertising by allowing you to easily add specials to the site that everyone will see.
In addition, Social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, is like high tech word of mouth for your business. Companies all over the world are using Facebook and Twitter to engage their customers instantly and in real time. By properly leveraging these technologies, you can build a direct relationship with your customers and continue to expand your brand. They are also great ways to allow unsolicited praise for your business which will carry tremendous weight for other readers.
Why Your Online Presence Is Important
If you’re not taking your businesses online presence seriously you’re at a disadvantage. Having a solid digital strategy has never hurt a business, but it has created hundreds of success stories. If you haven’t started the discussion about your website, your social media, or the benefits of online marketing, you can’t afford to wait any longer.
Latest posts by Jake Braun (see all)
- The Importance of Good Web Design For Small Businesses - January 31, 2012
- Grandparents, Good Neighbors & Gump: Content Marketing Inspiration For September
- Lions, Little League & Lollapalooza: August Content Marketing Ideas
- How to Connect Your Google+ Business Page to Your Local Places Listing
- Corn Fritters, Cow Appreciation, and Comic Con: July Content Marketing Ideas
- Cats, Cobbed Corn & Cameras: Content Marketing Ideas For June
Our Recent Instagrams
- Jonathan Nalewajek on My First Semester Teaching: CSIT 330 – Mobile Application Development
- Amy on My First Semester Teaching: CSIT 330 – Mobile Application Development
- Josh Comley on Internet Explorer Aborting AJAX Requests : FIXED
- Arpita on Setting up a small office or home office VOIP system with Asterisk PBX – Part 2
- Matthew Mombrea on Setting up a small office or home office VOIP system with Asterisk PBX – Part 2