October 5th, 2018
Check out Marketing O’Clock in podcast form this week to receive a new ‘hidden’ segment after the show [podcast only] and get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry.
This week in the digital marketing landscape, Facebook gets hacked…again. YouTube brings some new capabilities to their discovery ads with extensions, Google warns you to not make quality links and much more! That’s not all – our lightning round will quickly recap, even more, updates as we finish off the show by featuring our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week” which we think you are really going to like this week! Make sure you tune in every week and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- Do Twitter Ads Really Work? A Surprising Experiment: 17.2 Million Views From a Single Twitter Thread by Ash Read
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- 50 million Facebook user accounts hacked
- Facebook experienced another security breach (again) on Friday on September 25th.
- From discovery to click, new YouTube ads capabilities for more effective video storytelling
- YouTube is making video ads more actionable with extensions, like locations and forms.
- Google: Making Quality Links Is Against Google’s Webmaster Guidelines
- Don’t go making quality links, Google wants you only use natural links otherwise you are going against webmaster guidelines.
Lightning Round Articles that you don’t want to miss!
- Google Search Console snapshot arrives in search results
- Google confirms ‘small’ search ranking algorithm update this past week
- Google adds new ‘family-led’ attribute to Google My Business profile
- Here’s how to copy old AdWords column settings to the new Google Ads UI
- Publishers on Twitter can now monetize videos viewed by global audiences
- Google is building a search engine for fact checks
- Expand your global reach with multiple language targeting
- Ad groups unveil a new Data Transparency Label
- Promoting inclusive storytelling with the Google Podcasts creator program
- Reddit 1 billion monthly video views