On this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock, Jess Budde and Sarah Burke get comfortable on our brand new set! Check out the new chairs, new table and new updates from the digital marketing industry this week! We discuss some major news from Google & Adwords, along with an update from YouTube that is pretty interesting. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
What we’ve got lined up for this weeks Marketing O’Clock:
- Google confirms core search ranking algorithm update
- It’s official, Google performed a core ranking algorithm change and it may have impacted some website rankings. Right now, there is no specific “fix” for the ranking change so just focus on the user and continue creating great content!
- Google: Focused Search Updates Daily & Core Updates Every Other Month
- This article continues to discuss Google updates and the difference between the ones that seem to happen daily vs. big changes that happen serval times throughout the year. Whats your opinion on “focused” & “core” updates?
- AdWords custom columns now available at keyword and ad levels
- Custom columns allow marketers to receive better insights on their campaign performance. You can only find this new update on the new AdWords interface.
- Notes are coming to AdWords, plus Recommendations & an Account Performance Score
- Notes are now in AdWords!! This is great for keeping track of all campaign changes in one spot. There are also new Recommendations & Account Performance Scores to help marketers optimize their campaigns and accounts.
- Bringing search intent to video: Google extends custom intent audiences to YouTube, launches TrueView for Action ads
- You can now target users on YouTube based on their Google searches. In addition, you can customize call to actions that appear with the ad.
- Get more useful information with captions on Google Images
- Captions have been added to Google images to give more explanation and context to images. Most results will use title tags as the image description.