September 7th, 2018
Jess Budde is back with Greg Finn on this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock, where you will get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry.
This week, Google has done it again, with the announcement of another change with the exact match keyword targeting. It now includes variations that mean the same as your keyword. Our marketers take a deeper look as they discuss what ‘exactly’ this means. In more positive news, the new Google Search Console is officially out of BETA and Bing has some new reporting tools to make viewing your account and campaign performance a lot easier. That’s not all – our lightning round will quickly recap even more updates as we finish off the show by featuring our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week” which we think you are really going to like this week! Make sure you tune in every week and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- How to Create Category Pages That Rank + Convert 10x Higher by Cyrus Shepard
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Google’s exact match close variants expand again: Now include same meaning variations
- In an effort to give advertisers more of an opportunity for their ads to show, Google has changed ‘exact match’ again to now include variations that have the same meaning as the keyword… thanks, Google. *internal screaming*
- Making it easier to discover datasets
- Google launches “Data Search” to help scientists, data journalists, or any data geek in general, find the data they need for their work.
- Google Search Console out of beta, adds more features
- More tools have been added to Google Search Console as it is officially out of BETA. (supported article: The new Search Console is graduating out of Beta)
- Save time with Bing’s new Reporting enhancements
- Getting valuable information about your campaigns and account performance just got a whole lot easier!
Lightning Round Articles that you don’t want to miss!
- Google Wants to Kill The URL
- New Video Ad Format Gives Brands A Way To Promote Deals On Amazon
- Instagram is reportedly developing a dedicated shopping app
- Amazon Advertising
- Americans are changing their relationship with Facebook