July 13th, 2018
Watch this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock with your hosts Greg Finn and Jess Budde as they give you the rundown on some of the biggest news in the digital marketing industry this week (boy, there is a lot!).
Our main stories include news from the keynote at Google Marketing Live, Google data studio adding data blending, new Facebook AR ads and much more! We also have our lightning round where we quickly recap some more updates and feature our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week.” There is a lot of updates this week so make sure you tune in and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained each week. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Google Marketing Live: Here come fully automated ads & campaigns for Local, Shopping & more
- Google announces several machine learning initiatives that will increase automation immensely. Some of these announcements include responsive search ads, “local campaign” type, and much more!
- Will It Blend? Google Data Studio Rolls out Data Blending
- There are a ton of new ways to use this new data blending feature! Check it out and play around with it.
- YouTube aims to show more authoritative search results around news topics
- No more fake news. YouTube is working to provide users with new features that promote authoritative news sources and Google is helping by investing in its search results and algorithms on the platform.
- Twitter lets advertisers ‘take over’ the Explore tab
- Twitter adding in big visual banner gifs or background images in the Explore tab.
- Facebook is testing augmented reality ads in the News Feed
- Advertisers can now show off their products in a new way with Augmented Reality. Do you like that pair of shades? You can now “tap to try it on” before ordering.
- Confidence in follower counts
- Twitter is locking accounts if your follow accounts doesn’t seem legit.
- Google shows ‘People also search for’ suggestions in ad results, too
- Many advertisers do not like this new feature stating the suggestions look like ad extension and will distract from the ad.
- Introducing Call-To-Action buttons for ads!
- Reddit is trying to help you achieve your business objectives with this new CTA button option.
- Helping creators protect their content
- YouTubes new “Copyright Match Tool” will help users find re-uploads of their content.
- A New, Free Tool to Determine the True Influence of a Twitter Account
- It’s important to know who the true influencers on Twitter are. Check out this new tool that provides numbers and metrics to help find real influencers.
- Question Sticker
- if you watched last weeks episode then you’ve heard about the new “question” sticker for Instagram stories. It’s now LIVE so go check it out!