August 3rd, 2018
Check your watch because it’s time for Marketing O’Clock with Greg Finn and Jess Budde! Watch this episode to get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry this week.
This week Google hit paid advertisers with some big news…dun, dun, duuun. We can all agree that when Google uses the word “simplify” it’s usually the opposite – this time was no different. Google has taken away adsenseformobileapps.com for Display campaigns but before you deeply sigh in frustration they have said advertisers can refine targeting in several ways, check out the article below or watch today’s episode above for more info. In Bing news, they have made some new improvements to their bid strategies and now includes Target CPA and Maximize Conversions. We also have our lightning round where we quickly recap even more updates and feature our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week.” There is a lot of updates this week so make sure you tune in and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained each week. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- Video Featured Snippets: How Suggested Clips Work by Justin Briggs
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Google Ads is simplifying how to reach users on mobile
- Soon you will no longer be able to block mobile apps from display targeting, but there are several ways to narrow your audiences with new refined targeting options.
- Bing Ads rolls out Target CPA & Maximize Conversions bidding strategies
- These new strategies have been in testing for almost a year and are now available in many countries, including the US!
- Making it easier to discover data in Search
- Google is helping out journalists by providing some more structured data in table form when searching for news and more.
- Facebook updates video ad metrics & adds Moat as measurement partner
- The 3-second and 10-second video metrics on Facebook will now include unrepeated watch times.
- Helping Businesses Chat with Customers at Scale on WhatsApp
- This new app for Android will help small business communicate better with customers and start a convo more efficiently.
- Remarketing exclusions in Bing Ads Editor
- Further refine your audience in Bing by excluding people that don’t fit in your business’s target audience.
- Facebook cuts off access to API platform for ‘hundreds of thousands’ of inactive apps
- Make sure your active app goes through Facebook’s new review process or they will remove you from their API access.
- Broad core Google Algorithm update
- Google releases another algorithm update. Check out the link to see the direct tweet from the company.