October 12th, 2018
Check out Marketing O’Clock in podcast form for a ‘hidden’ segment after the show [podcast only] or get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry on our YouTube.
From the new Google Home Hub to cracking down on spam call-only ads, Google spent the week announcing news that will improve user experience in multiple ways. In our lightning round we will quickly recap, even more, updates as we finish off the show by featuring our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week” which we think you are really going to like this week! Make sure you tune in every week and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- How To Audit & Validate Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) by Screaming Frog
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Project Strobe: Protecting your data, improving our third-party APIs, and sunsetting consumer Google+
- Google is continuing its effort to improve user experience on their phones, in their work life and their overall online experience.
- Facebook unveils new ad effectiveness tool for Marketing Partners
- The new “Creative Compass” tool measures the impact of ad creative on Facebook with scorecards, and multiple elements to better track performance.
- Google’s smart home ecosystem has arrived
- Google has entered the smart home market with the Google Home Hub. This new gadget can stream YouTube videos, access your calendar and much more!
- Google to record some calls from ads for quality assurance
- In an effort to crack down on spam call-only ads, Google will be recording calls from ads.
Lightning Round Articles that you don’t want to miss!
- Introducing Portal From Facebook: New Video Calling Devices to Connect You With Friends and Family
- Bing Ads Editor now supports in-market audiences
- Pandora launches online analytics tools, announces ad distribution agreement with SoundCloud
- Google Update: Sept. 24, 2018
- YouTube cracks down on duplicate content videos