If you’re reading this then that means there is a new Marketing O’Clock today (woo!). On today’s episode, your host Greg Finn talks to Cole “office snacking legend” Soldwisch about this weeks industry news. Along with our marketer’s witty banter about each news story, we also have all resources and articles in the list below for you to check out yourself! Don’t forget to Bookmark us or subscribe so you won’t miss any new videos. Watch all of episode 3 here.
What we’ve got lined up for this weeks Marketing O’Clock:
- New Google Bulletin App
- Google is testing a new app that allows users to post pictures and video updates of their community, like a “live” blog. This hyperlocal news feed shows a lot of promise if executed properly.
- Publishers “Reach'” Out To Paid Facebook Ads
- As mentioned in the last two episodes, Facebook’s latest algorithm update is still causing some aftereffects. Publisher’s, media companies and many others are now turning toward paid distribution to achieve the reach they need.
- Crack Down On Fake Twitter Followers
- We learn the (unnecessary?) consequences of buying fake followers. More about this story here.
- Muting Retargeting Ads
- Do you ever feel like you are being “pummeled” by ads when surfing the web? Don’t worry, users can now control the kinds of ads they wish to see. What? Yes, it’s true. Read more about it in the link above.
- You Can Now Schedule Organic Instagram Posts
- Business accounts can now schedule organic posts with the new Instagram Graph API update and we are super jazzed about it!