We have a ton of stories to cover in this episode of Marketing O’Clock! We have our marketers Greg Finn and Cole Soldwisch giving you the rundown on all of the digital marketing news of the week in five minutes or less (or sometimes more)! They will rundown some major stories in length and then list some other smaller updates and stories in our lightning round! This week we have a lot of news from Facebook, Google and more! So, join us for some laughs as we help you stay up-to-date on the digital marketing landscape. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more helpful and informative videos. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
What we’ve got lined up for this weeks Marketing O’Clock:
- Facebook Marketplace expands into home services
- Users can now use Facebook Marketplace to find home services like plumbers, cleaners and more!
- PayPal starts deeper integration with Google; users can now pay directly in Gmail, YouTube and more
- Users can now link their PayPal information to their Google Play Account to pay bills without leaving Google Services!
- More Details on Microsoft Audience Network
- Read about the newest updates of the new Microsoft Audience Network (MSAN).
- Shining a Light on Ads With Political Content
- Facebook continues their efforts to increase transparency in political ads. Which has users asking the Hard Questions: Why Doesn’t Facebook Just Ban Political Ads?
- Taking action against scammers
- Google continues to protect users from scammers and companies by improving policies, taking legal action and more.
- Google releases Lighthouse version 3.0
- The new Lighthouse launches and with it comes faster audits, less variance, a new report user interface
- Quora launches native image ads globally
- Quora expand their advertising with image ads and claims they already have over 1,000 active advertisers.
- Biggest Brands Will Lose Use Of 43 Per Cent Of EU Audience Data After GDPR Day, Say Media Buyers | Crowded PR
- GDPR continues to affect businesses audiences data and traffic to their website.
- So long, StumbleUpon
- Say ‘goodbye’ to StumbleUpon after 16 years of service.
- Twitter looking to expand its programmatic offerings with Timeline Ad network pilot program
- Twitter launches a new ad format called “timeline ads” and are looking for publishers to participate.
- Facebook removed 583 million fake accounts in the first quarter of 2018
- Facebook continues to try and gain back user trust as find and remove millions of fake accounts.