October 19th, 2018
Check out Marketing O’Clock in podcast form for a ‘hidden’ segment after the show [podcast only] or get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry on our YouTube.
This week we talk about Pinterest shopping push for the holiday season, Bings new conversion tracking method, Facebooks Portal collecting data and Google refreshing their shopping insights. We quickly recap even more news in our lightning round and finish off the show by featuring our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week”! Make sure you tune in every week and subscribe to our podcast (Apple, Google, Spotify, MP3) to stay informed, updated and entertained. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- 2018 Search Market Share: Myths vs. Realities of Google, Bing, Amazon, Facebook, DuckDuckGo, & More by Rand Fishkin
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Pinterest updates Ads Manager, rolls out Product Pins features ahead of holiday shopping
- Pinterest wants to be your personal stylist, interior designer and any other products that you may need by revealing Product Pins and shopping recommendations. These new features will make shopping on Pinterest a lot easier.
- Make better business decisions based on time of ad clicks
- Bing ads will now be tracking conversions based on time of ad click to help improve the performance of ad schedule bidding.
- It turns out that Facebook could, in fact, use data collected from its Portal in-home video device to target you with ads
- Users personal data and Facebook just don’t seem to mix as they changed their previous statement about the new portal home device, which can actually be used to target you based on calls and apps you use.
- Explore product search trends with Shopping Insights
- Google is releasing a new version of their Shopping Insights with even more data to uncover!
Lightning Round Articles that you don’t want to miss!
- Attackers exploited 3 bugs and Facebook’s once-vaunted social graph to steal 29 million users’ data
- Survey: People plan to use Amazon 3-to-1 over Google for holiday shopping
- YouTube now counts ‘engagement’ for YouTube for action ads at 10 seconds, not 30
- New predefined landing page reports
- No character limit for meta descriptions
- Twitter makes it easier to see enforcement taken on reported tweets
- The next big wave of publisher traffic
- Facebook News Feed now downranks sites with stolen content
- Facebook Plans Camera-Equipped TV Device
- Barry Schwartz Search Personality of the Year
- Google My Business Insights adds branded search reporting