Watch this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock and join Greg Finn and Cole Soldwisch today July 6th, 2018, as they give you the rundown on some of the biggest news in the digital marketing industry this week.
Our main stories include a Facebook platform update, major updates to Snapchat ads manager, new Instagram features and much more! We also have our lightning round where we quickly recap some more updates and feature our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week” So, subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained each week. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- How to Create Sidebars That Help SEO by Barbara Mae Lewis
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- App Review Deadlines Approaching & Facebook Platform Update
- In an ongoing effort to protect users’ privacy, Facebook announces some API restrictions and you should take a look at all the deadlines coming up, from Facebook login permissions and 2 APIs.
- Introducing major updates to Snapchat Ads Manager
- There is a new full-suite of tools need to optimize and measure your Snapchat campaigns.
- Google My Business Insights adds queries used to find your business
- You can now see the queries used to find your business.
- Google Data Studio now gains 16 months of Search Analytics data
- This data will be available through Beta Search Console, Google Search Analytics API, and Google Data Studio.
- Google clarifies the upcoming Speed Update only impacts the ‘slowest sites’
- Basically, if you have a fast site, then this update won’t affect you.
- Introducing “You’re All Caught Up” in Feed
- Instagram understands how hard it can be to keep track of your notifications, so they added this new “caught up” feature.
- Instagram tests questions in Stories
- More updates coming from Instagram with a new questions feature, allowing you to post lengthier responses.