Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Launches New Site Redesign
It’s always fun when I get to share two of our favorite things here at Cypress North: a brand new shiny website and great search traffic results. The second is a result of the first, but we’ll get into that later.
New Website for Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is a world-class destination for clinical care, research, education and entrepreneurship. The campus houses some of Western New York’s premier health care, life sciences research, and medical education institutions and they’re doing some pretty amazing work.
This one-of-a-kind community environment needed a better online presence to accurately portray the campus’ innovation, technology, and expertise. BNMC was looking for a way to tell the stories of the medical campus and share important information related to the planning, development, and enhancement of the 120-acre space with its members and surrounding community.
That’s where our crew stepped in. Partnering with the BNMC team, together we built a custom content management system to meet all of their publishing needs and implemented a fully custom new design based on existing brand standards. Not only did this provide a clean, professional presence on the web, it gave BNMC the ability to manage all content on the site without having to contact a webmaster to update the site for them. Easy.
Here’s what the site looked like before the redesign:
Here’s what it looks like now:
We love this “super” navigation drop down menu that highlights many of the community initiatives BNMC is working on to create a distinct work environment and opportunities for healthy living for residents. This navigation also helps guide users to find the content they’re looking for quickly and easily.
To see a list of all features on the site, click here.
Search Traffic is Way Up
When we first met with BNMC, we noticed the site had some URL and site structure issues that weren’t ideal for maximum search engine visibility. Although SEO wasn’t part of this project, we were still able to positively increase search traffic simply by implementing an SEO-friendly URL structure and creating “silos” of content on the site. What this means is that during the planning phase, we structured the site in a way that made it easy for search engines to figure out exactly what the site, and the pages on the site, are about.
The graph below shows the search traffic for BNMC from when we launched the site on March 27 to May 15 (blue line), compared to Feb. 6 to March 26 (orange line).
As you can see, search traffic rose exponentially after the new site was pushed live and search engines were able to index and crawl the pages on the site!
Latest posts by Tiffany Tcheng (see all)
- How to Connect Your Google+ Business Page to Your Local Places Listing - June 19, 2014
- How to Find Conversion Time Lag Report in Google Analytics - April 18, 2014
- Not Sold on Paid Search Advertising? Consider a Professional Test Drive - February 28, 2014
- Time Flies & Terrible Lies: July Content Marketing Ideas…NOT
- Candy, Cabins & Color TV: June-ified Content Marketing Ideas
- Packrats, Playoffs & Plenty Of Flowers: May Content Marketing Inspiration
- Fools, Frogs & Furious 7: April Content Marketing Ideas
- Friendship, Fat Tuesday & The Fish Bowl: Content Marketing Inspiration For February
- My First Semester Teaching: CSIT 330 – Mobile Application Development on
- Setting up a small office or home office VOIP system with Asterisk PBX – Part 4 on
- Setting up the Android Google Volley ImageLoader for NetworkImageView on
- Social Media Cover Photo Cheat Sheet & All-In-One Social Template Download on
- How to Add External Links in YouTube Video Annotations on