How To Comment On Your Facebook Page From Your Personal Account
When administering a Facebook page sometimes a user would like to actually comment on the given page with their personal account. Well, the default settings for the Facebook page are geared to showing all posts and likes from the page itself, even if you are using Facebook with your personal profile.. So lets say that we post this article up to Facebook, and I switch back to my personal profile and like the post – well it will be show that Cypress North liked the post. This can look a little odd:
So how do you make sure that you aren’t commenting as your business page when using your personal profile? Its easy, just follow the steps below!
- Head to the page you would like to change.
- Under the “Manage” button in the upper right, click on “Edit Page”:
- Click on the “Your Settings” button on the top of the left hand navigation:
- Unclick the top box that says “Always comment and post on your page as PAGE NAME, even when using Facebook as PROFILE NAME.
And there you have it! Now when you are using Facebook as your personal self, all comments will show up from you, instead of your page.
Latest posts by Greg Finn (see all)
Joson February 11, 2013 Reply
I have got a different problem can anybody tell me how to post from my business page on group page on Facebook? It seems to post from my personal account, even if I came from my business page and it says your posting and liking as ‘your business name’! Is it just from the phone that it doesn’t work or can change that in posting preferences as well?
Greg Finnon February 11, 2013 Reply
Joe — Sorry, groups are for real people only, no businesses. You’ll have to use your real name.
maheshon April 25, 2013 Reply
I want to know how to add a blue or a grey box to my name when i am commenting .I have seen many people doing it and i want to know how to do it.
- Grandparents, Good Neighbors & Gump: Content Marketing Inspiration For September
- Lions, Little League & Lollapalooza: August Content Marketing Ideas
- How to Connect Your Google+ Business Page to Your Local Places Listing
- Corn Fritters, Cow Appreciation, and Comic Con: July Content Marketing Ideas
- Cats, Cobbed Corn & Cameras: Content Marketing Ideas For June
Our Recent Instagrams
- Jonathan Nalewajek on My First Semester Teaching: CSIT 330 – Mobile Application Development
- Amy on My First Semester Teaching: CSIT 330 – Mobile Application Development
- Josh Comley on Internet Explorer Aborting AJAX Requests : FIXED
- Arpita on Setting up a small office or home office VOIP system with Asterisk PBX – Part 2
- Matthew Mombrea on Setting up a small office or home office VOIP system with Asterisk PBX – Part 2