Love is in the air! 2014 is in full swing and the month best known for its honor of our commanders in chief and support of all things chocolate is upon us. But sweets and presidents are not the only things great about this month. In fact, if you’re looking for some great content marketing ideas to really separate you from the pack, we’ve got enough inspiration below to keep you from uttering the word “Valentine.” So read on!
A note: since we have a 50% chance of being faced with another six weeks of winter (pending events on 2/2), I’ve included some GIFs here to keep the mood light, and spirits up. My gift to you, with love.
- February 1: National Freedom Day, Ice Cream For Breakfast Day, Decorating With Candy Day, Take Your Child To The Library Day, Car Insurance Day, Baked Alaska Day, Working Naked Day
- February 2: Groundhog Day, Hedgehog Day, Crepe Day
- February 3: Carrot Cake Day, Dump Your Significant Jerk Day, The Day The Music Died
- February 4: Homemade Soup Day, Thank A Mailman Day, Create A Vacuum Day
- February 5: Nutella Day, Chocolate Fondue Day, Digital Learning Day, National Weatherman’s Day, Pancake Day
- February 6: Lame Duck Day
- February 7: Wear Red Day, Ballet Day, Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbors Day, Send A Card To A Friend Day, Bubblegum Day
- February 8: Laugh & Get Rich Day, Boy Scout Day, Kite Flying Day, Opera Day
- February 9: Stop Bullying Day, Toothache Day, Man Day, Read In The Bathtub Day, Marriage Day
- February 10: Umbrella Day, Plimsoll Day, Clean Out Your Computer Day
- February 11: Make A Friend Day, Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day, Extraterrestrial Culture Day, Pro Sports Wives Day, Satisfied Staying Single Day, Get Out Your Guitar Day, White Shirt Day
- February 12: Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday, Darwin Day, Plum Pudding Day
- February 13: Madly In Love With Me Day, Employee Legal Awareness Day, Get A Different Name Day
- February 14: Valentine’s Day, Ferris Wheel Day, National Donor Day
- February 15: Hippo Day, Gumdrop Day, Singles Awareness Day
- February 16: Innovation Day, Almond Day, Do A Grouch A Favor Day
- February 17: Presidents’ Day, Random Acts Of Kindness Day, My Way Day
- February 18: National Battery Day, Single Tasking Day (multitasking is for squares…)
- February 19: National Chocolate Mint Day
- February 20: Love Your Pet Day, Introduce A Girl To Engineering Day, Cherry Pie Day, Hoodie Hoo Day
- February 21: International Mother Language Day, Card Reading Day, Sticky Bun Day
- February 22: Sword Swallowers Day, George Washington’s Birthday, Walking The Dog Day, International Thinking Day, be Humble Day, Margarita Day, Banana Bread Day, Open That Bottle Night
- February 23: Melba Toast Day, Curling Is Cool Day, International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day, Tennis Day
- February 24: Tortilla Chip Day
- February 25: Chocolate-Covered Peanuts Day, Pistol Patent Day, Clam Chowder Day
- February 26: For Pete’s Sake Day, Personal Chef Day, Tell A Fairy Tale Day, Carnival Day, National Pistachio Day
- February 27: No Brainer Day, Polar Bear Day, Strawberry Day, Chili Day
- February 28: J2‘s Birthday, Chocolate Souffle Day, Floral Design Day, Rare Disease Day, National Tooth Fairy Day (as I mentioned before, some people claim this day to be in August)
February is the official month of: canned food, baking for family fun, Black History, an affair to remember, cherries, children’s dental health, creative romance, library lovers, LGBT History, feeding birds, weddings (weird, right?), the heart, grapefruit, and hot breakfast
- The first week of the month has been dubbed: Doppelganger Week, International Networking Week, African Heritage & Health Week, World Interfaith Harmony Week, Women’s Heart Week, Children’s Authors & Illustrators Week, International Coaching Week
- Week two is designated as: Celebration of Love Week, Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, Have A Heart for A Chained Dog Week, Children of Alcoholics Week, Freelance Writers Appreciation Week
- Week three is dedicated to: International Flirting Week, National Green Week, National Engineers Week, World Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Week, National Condom Week, Alzheimer’s & Dementia Staff Education Week, National Date Week (as in the fruit), National Justice For Animals Week, National Entrepreneurship Week
- The last week of February celebrates: National FFA Week, National Secondhand Wardrobe Week, National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, Bird Health Awareness Week, Peace Corps Week
- February 2: Super Bowl XLVIII, Puppy Bowl X (there’s also apparently a Kitten Bowl and a Fish Bowl, so don’t miss ’em!)
- February 7-23: 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia
- February 13: MLB Spring Training begins
- February 16: NBA All-Star Game
- February 23: NASCAR Daytona 500, Tokyo Marathon
- February 6-13: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in NYC
- February 7: The LEGO Movie premieres
- February 9: The Walking Dead returns from its mid-season break
- February 14: House Of Cards season two premiere (on Netflix)
- February 25: Noise Pop Music Festival begins (on through March 2), Glee mid-season premiere, Final Oscar balloting closes – get your votes in Academy members!
- February 28: Rio Carnival begins (on through March 4)
- ALBUM DROP ALERT: For my fellow 90s/early 2000s nerds out there, I’m about to hit you with some major news. You can expect new, that’s right, NEW albums this month from The Presidents Of The United States of America and Ashanti (to feature Busta Rhymes)! You’re welcome.
So there you have it. Enough content marketing opportunities to fill your 28-day calendar, and then some. We’ll have a great list of content marketing ideas for March up soon, so get excited!
Or you can just circle us on Google+.