Ah, November. The month when the wind and the cold settle in and we finally accept the fact that we won’t see the sun again for months. OK, maybe that was a little dramatic, but still – November is a pretty icky month. I mean, there’s not a lot going on, and certainly nothing to celebrate, right? WRONG! There’s actually plenty going on this month, and it’s not just Thanksgiving dinner. Would you believe music festivals are still in season? How about an excuse not to shave? If your content marketing strategy needs a boost this month, take a peek at the list below and see what you can work into your November plan.
- November 1: All Saints’ Day, Authors’ Day
- November 2: All Souls’ Day, Deviled Egg Day, Book Lovers Day, Look For Circles Day, Cookie Monster Day
- November 3: Housewife’s Day, Zero Tasking Day, Sandwich Day
- November 4: Traffic Directors’ Day, Job Action Day, Use Your Common Sense Day, King Tut Day
- November 5: Gunpowder/Guy Fawkes Day – known by both names
- November 6: Stress Awareness Day, Saxophone Day, Marooned Without A Compass Day
- November 7: Men Make Dinner Day, Bittersweet Chocolate With Almonds Day
- November 8: Dunce Day, X-Ray Day, Cook Something Bold Day, National Parents As Teachers Day
- November 9: World Orphans’ Day, Chaos Never Dies Day
- November 10: USMC Day, International Tongue Twister Day, Area Code Day, Forget-Me-Not Day
- November 11: Veterans Day, Origami Day
- November 12: Chicken Soup For The Soul Day, Young Readers Day, Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day – I kid you not…
- November 13: Sadie Hawkins Day
- November 14: OR Nurse Day, World Diabetes Day, Loosen Up & Lighten Up Day
- November 15: America Recycles Day, Clean Your Refrigerator Day, National Philanthropy Day
- November 16: International Day For Tolerance, Have A Party With Your Bear Day, Button Day, Guinness World Record Day – get out there and break one!
- November 17: World Prematurity Day, Take A Hike Day, Homemade Bread Day, World Peace Day
- November 18: Mickey Mouse Day, Occult Day
- November 19: Have A Bad Day…Day, Men’s Day
- November 20: Universal Children’s Day, Beautiful Day, Absurdity Day, Name Your PC Day
- November 21: World Hello Day, Use Less Stuff Day, World Television Day, False Confession Day, Great American Smokeout – dedicated to getting people to quit smoking
- November 22: Go For A Ride Day, Family Volunteer Day
- November 23: National Adoption Day, Fibonacci Day, Eat A Cranberry Day, National Cashew Day
- November 24: Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day
- November 25: International Day For The Elimination Of Violence Against Women, Parfait Day
- November 26: Shopping Reminder Day – beat the holiday rush!
- November 27: Hanukkah begins at sundown, Pins & Needles Day
- November 28: American Thanksgiving, French Toast Day, Red Planet Day
- November 29: Black Friday, You’re Welcome Day, Buy Nothing Day, Flossing Day, Square Dance Day, Electronic Greetings Day – want to send us a greeting? Get in touch!
- November 30: Small Business Saturday, Computer Security Day, Stay At Home Because You Are Well Day
- November is the official month of: Native American heritage, homeless youth, pomegranates, aviation history, COPD awareness, sweet potatoes, pulmonary hypertension awareness, sleep comfort, peanut butter lovers, child safety, Alzheimer’s awareness, veganism, adoption awareness, novel writing, epilepsy, model railroads, lung cancer awareness, Crohn’s & ulcerative colitis awareness, and real jewelry
- November 3: Daylight Savings Time ends at 2am – set your clocks back an hour
- Week 1 is Chemistry Week
- Week 3 has been dubbed Game & Puzzle Week
- It’s No Shave November, also known as Movember – grow that beard or mustache!
- November 3: New York City Marathon
- NFL, NHL, and NBA regular seasons are in full swing, and let’s not forget about all the College Football action!
- November 1-3: Voodoo Music & Arts Experience
- November 22: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire hits theatres
- November 28: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
And there you have it. So put down that razor, pick up some puzzles, and don’t forget to set your clocks back! While you’re at it, hug the vegan in your life. And be polite; invite them to Thanksgiving dinner anyway. After all, November is about tolerance and embracing our differences. Can’t get enough? December’s content marketing ideas are coming up soon, so stay tuned!