Each month, we’ve been bringing you some great, current events-based content marketing ideas. Well, it’s that time again and boy do we have a treat for you! July is chuck-full of days dedicated to celebrating everything from frying eggs to our independence, and there’s plenty happening in the sports and pop culture worlds too. It’s all about finding a creative tie-in to your brand, so feast your eyes on the list below and take your pick.
- July 1 – Canada Day, National Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day, Build A Scarecrow Day
- July 2 – World UFO Day
- July 3 – Stay Out Of The Sun Day, Compliment Your Mirror Day
- July 4 – Independence Day, Sidewalk Egg Frying Day, National Country Music Day
- July 5 – Workaholics Day
- July 6 – International Kissing Day, National Fried Chicken Day
- July 8 – Video Game Day (not to be confused with September’s National Video Games Day)
- July 9 – National Sugar Cookie Day
- July 10 – Teddy Bear Picnic Day
- July 11 – World Population Day, National Cheer Up The Lonely Day
- July 12 – Cow Appreciation Day
- July 13 – National French Fries Day, Embrace Your Geekness Day
- July 14 – Bastille Day
- July 16 – International Juggling Day
- July 18 – National Caviar Day
- July 24 – Amelia Earhart Day
- July 27 – Bagpipe Appreciation Day
- July 28 – Parents’ Day, National Milk Chocolate Day
- July 29 – National Lasagna Day
- July is the official month of: Blueberries, Parks & Recreation, Bladder Cancer Awareness, Hot Dogs, Cell Phone Courtesy, UV Safety, Baked Beans, Anti-Boredom, and Culinary Arts.
- The “Dog Days” of Summer are here. On average, July is the warmest month of the year.
- July 5 – NHL Free Agency Begins
- July 6 – NASCAR Coke Zero 400
- Wimbledon is still on through July 7
- July 14-21 – British Open
- July 16 – 84th MLB All-Star Game
- July 17 – The ESPYS
- Tour de France is still on through July 21
- July 28 – Baseball Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremonies
- July 18 – This year’s Emmy nominations will be announced
- July 19-21 – Pitchfork Music Festival
- July ?? – The Royal Baby is due this month!
Get creative with your content marketing strategy, and don’t be afraid to have a little fun with it. Needless to say, there’s plenty of fun to be had. Be sure to check back in a few weeks for a heaping portion of August suggestions!