Need some content marketing ideas for August? We’ve got you covered. This month, there are themes for each week, “holidays” to celebrate each day (yes, there is a “holiday” every single day), and some seasonal events happening all month long. Sports and pop culture your thing? There’s plenty of that too. You can fill your Twitter/Facebook/Google+/Blog/Pinterest editorial calendar with anything from mustard and little league, to catfish, EDM festivals, and good old fashioned happiness. Take a gander at the list below and help yourself!
- August 1 – Vegetarian Day, Girlfriends Day, National Raspberry Cream Pie Day
- August 2 – National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
- August 3 – National Mustard Day, National Watermelon Day
- August 4 – International Forgiveness Day, Sisters Day, US Coast Guard Day, Chocolate Chip Day
- August 5 – Beer Day, Work Like A Dog Day
- August 6 – Wiggle Your Toes Day, Fresh Breath Day
- August 7 – National Lighthouse Day
- August 8 – Happiness Happens Day, Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day (you’re welcome)
- August 9 – Book Lover’s Day, Rice Pudding Day
- August 10 – National S’mores Day, Lazy Day, Duran Duran Day, Garage Sale Day
- August 11 – Presidential Joke Day, Son & Daughter Day
- August 12 – Middle Child’s Day, Vinyl Record Day, Youth Day
- August 13 – Left Hander’s Day, Chinese Valentine’s Day
- August 14 – Creamsicle Day
- August 15 – Lion Day, Relaxation Day
- August 16 – National Tell A Joke Day, Men’s Grooming Day
- August 17 – Homeless Animals Day, National Thrift Shop Day
- August 18 – Bad Poetry Day
- August 19 – Humanitarian Day, Aviation Day
- August 20 – National Radio Day
- August 21 – Senior Citizens’ Day, Spumoni Day
- August 22 – Be An Angel Day, National Tooth Fairy Day (some folks celebrate this on Feb. 28)
- August 23 – Ride The Wind Day
- August 24 – Vesuvius Day
- August 25 – Kiss And Make Up Day
- August 26 – National Dog Day, Women’s Equality Day
- August 27 – Just Because Day, “The Duchess” Who Wasn’t Day
- August 28 – Race Your Mouse Around The Icons Day (go wild, people!)
- August 29 – More Herbs Less Salt Day
- August 30 – Toasted Marshmallow Day, Frankenstein Day
- August 31 – National Trail Mix Day, Franchise Appreciation Day, Love Litigating Lawyers Day
- August is: Admit You’re Happy Month, Family Fun Month, National Catfish Month, National Eye Exam Month, National Golf Month, Water Quality Month, and National Picnic Month. You can celebrate all month long as August is also the official month of inventors, romance awareness, and peaches.
- Each week also has a dedicated theme:
- Week 1: National Simplify Your Life Week
- Week 2: National Smile Week
- Week 3: Friendship Week
- Week 4: Be Kind To Humankind Week
- Back To School: many kids and college students have to hit the books this month
- August 1-4 – X Games LA
- August 3 – Pro Football Hall Of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony
- August 8-11 – PGA Championship
- August 15-25 – Little League World Series
- August 26-September 9 – US Open
- August 2-4 – Lollapalooza
- August 9 – Disney’s Planes hits theatres
- August 9-11 – Outside Lands Music Festival
- August 11 – Teen Choice Awards
- August 25 – MTV Video Music Awards
- August 30-September 1 – Electric Zoo
Pretty soon the weather will cool down, and picnics, golf, and even garage sales will be out of season. So even though your office probably doesn’t close for any of these “holidays,” August is a great time to work a little summer fun into your content marketing strategy. Check back soon for our list of September content suggestions!
Want more awesomeness? Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & Google+.
I have a rabbit adoption show (rescued house rabbits) any ideas for marketing for 8-25?
I think a good piece of all around content would be to compile the top 24 (or whatever number you end up with) things you didn’t know about rabbits. I know there is a TON of great content and that seems like a great topic that would be “evergreen”.
You’ve also got a great list of events you can tap into/talk about:
for local events that you might be able to tie into. Good luck!